Columbia Car Accident Attorney
Helping the Injured Get Justice
If you have been injured in a car accident, you are probably going through a difficult time. You may be dealing with pain and limited mobility, as well as the emotional stress of being involved in a crash that was someone else's fault. You may also be worried about how you will pay for your medical bills, possible future treatments, and lost wages.
At Aaron Sachs & Associates, P.C., our Columbia car accident lawyer is here to help. We can answer your questions, explain your legal options, and fight for the compensation you need to put your life back together.
Car Accidents in Missouri
Car accidents can happen anywhere and at any time, and they can have a wide range of consequences. In the majority of cases, car accidents result in non-life-threatening injuries. However, even seemingly minor car accidents can result in serious, life-changing injuries.
Some of the common causes of car accidents include:
- Distracted driving: One of the leading causes of car accidents is driver distraction. This includes activities like texting or talking on the phone, using GPS devices, eating, grooming, adjusting the radio, or interacting with passengers while driving. Taking attention away from the road increases the risk of collisions.
- Speeding: Driving at high speeds reduces a driver's ability to react to sudden changes in road conditions or unexpected obstacles. Speeding also increases the severity of crashes and reduces the effectiveness of safety features in the vehicle.
- Driving under the influence: Operating a vehicle while impaired by alcohol, drugs, or certain medications significantly impairs judgment, coordination, and reaction times, leading to an increased risk of accidents.
- Reckless driving: Aggressive driving behaviors, such as tailgating, weaving in and out of traffic, and ignoring traffic signals, can lead to accidents and endanger other road users.
- Weather conditions: Adverse weather conditions like rain, snow, ice, fog, or strong winds can make roads slippery and reduce visibility, increasing the likelihood of accidents.
- Failure to obey traffic rules: Disregarding traffic signs, signals, and right-of-way rules can lead to collisions with other vehicles or pedestrians.
- Fatigue: Driving while fatigued or drowsy can impair a driver's ability to focus and react quickly, increasing the risk of accidents.
- Poor road conditions: Roads with potholes, uneven surfaces, or inadequate signage can contribute to accidents.
- Mechanical failures: Faulty brakes, tire blowouts, engine malfunctions, and other mechanical issues can lead to loss of control and accidents.
- Inexperienced drivers: Lack of driving experience, especially among young and newly licensed drivers, can result in poor decision-making and difficulty handling unexpected situations.
- Poor visibility: Driving at night or in low-light conditions, such as during heavy rain or fog, can decrease visibility, making it challenging to spot hazards.
Victims of car accidents may be entitled to compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. Our Columbia car accident lawyer has the knowledge and experience to help you navigate the legal system and fight for the compensation you deserve.
Who Is Liable for Your Car Accident?
In most car accidents, at least two parties are at fault. There is always at least one negligent driver and one negligent party involved in any car accident. However, in many car accidents, there are multiple negligent parties involved.
Depending on the circumstances of your case, you may be able to sue one or more of the following parties for damages:
- The negligent driver
- The driver's employer
- The driver's vehicle manufacturer
- The vehicle's manufacturer's parts supplier
- The vehicle's parts supplier
- The vehicle's parts supplier's parts supplier
In most cases, you will file a personal injury claim against the driver of the car that caused the accident. However, if you can prove that the driver's employer or the manufacturer of the car, its parts, or its parts' manufacturer was negligent, you may be able to file a claim against them instead.
In all cases, you should consult an experienced car accident attorney to help you navigate the legal system and pursue a claim.
What Damages Can I Recover in a Car Accident Lawsuit?
If you are successfully able to prove that another party was negligent and caused your car accident, you may be able to recover the following types of damages in a personal injury claim:
- Medical bills: You may be able to recover all of your current and future medical expenses, including the cost of emergency room visits, surgeries, physical therapy, medications, and more.
- Lost wages: Depending on the circumstances of your case, you may be able to recover lost wages, including those you will lose in the future due to your injuries.
- Property damage: You may be able to recover the cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle, as well as any damaged property that resulted from the accident.
- Pain and suffering: You may be able to recover compensation for pain and suffering, including emotional distress, mental anguish, and more.
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Car Accident Claims in Missouri?
In Missouri, you have two years from the date your car accident occurred to file a personal injury claim. If you are filing a lawsuit against a government entity, you will have three years to file a claim.
Schedule a Free Consultation with Our Car Accident Attorney in Columbia
At Aaron Sachs & Associates, P.C., we know how difficult it can be to go through a car accident. Our Columbia car accident lawyer is here to help. We can help you recover the compensation you need to put your life back together.
“My husband was in a car accident, we called Aaron Sachs, and are very glad we did! First of all, they sent someone to our home to interview my husband, so he did not have to drive all the way to Springfield to their office while he was in pain.” - Former Client
“I was rear-ended by a non-insured driver. My car was totaled and I ended up having surgery on my shoulder. I was thrilled to get a settlement way larger than I could have dreamed.” - Former Client
We make sure that we are available to answer our clients’ questions, breaking down the complex legal jargon and using plain English. There is no “one size fits all” answer — your case needs and deserves individual attention, and this is what we are prepared to provide.
Our team has over 235 years of combined experience, handling over ten thousand personal injury cases. We are committed to professional excellence in every aspect of what we do and how we do it. We have over 65 employees with an exclusive focus on injury claims.
We strive to meet our clients where they are and provide the service they need. Suffering an injury is a difficult time in an individual’s life; you need representation that understands both the worries you may be feeling and the world you are now dealing with. Let us help ensure your rights are protected.