Injured by a Defective Product?
Your Consumer Rights in Product Liability Cases
Defective and dangerous products injure and kill thousands of Americans every year. Taking legal action not only protects a victim's personal rights and financial security, it also protects other consumers and promotes accountability for the companies responsible for designing and manufacturing consumer goods in the United States. Product liability laws are an important aspect of the free market because they serve to shield consumers and provide them with important options and rights.
Ready to begin? Contact our Springfield injury lawyers.
If you are curious about your case and how it looks from a legal standpoint, get in touch with our firm. Our Springfield personal injury attorneys at Aaron Sachs & Associates, P.C. can help you examine your situation and look at all the solutions that could be available to you. There are choices facing you and we can help you navigate these different paths armed with the information you need to feel right about the steps you take.
If you were injured, you may have questions:
- What are my rights?
- How can an attorney be of assistance to me?
- Was this injury my fault or are the product makers or designers liable in some way?
- How long to I have to take action before the statute of limitations comes into play?
- Do product liability laws impact my case? How?
- Can I handle this case alone without a lawyer?
- Who is responsible for a defective product: the designer, manufacturer, or retailer?
- I believe that the product that caused my injury did not contain sufficient warning labels nor did it properly explain potential risks. Do I have a product liability case?
- To which kinds of compensation could I be entitled?
All of these questions and more can be answered in your initial free consultation with a member of our team at Aaron Sachs & Associates, P.C. Call our office today.