Truck Accident Lawyer Columbia, MO
Help Filing a Truck Accident Claim in Columbia, Missouri
Truck accidents are often severe and can result in permanent disabilities. If you have been injured in a truck accident, you need a team of legal professionals who are ready to fight for your rights and your recovery. At Aaron Sachs & Associates, P.C., our Columbia truck accident attorneys are prepared to take on the trucking industry, and we are committed to obtaining full and fair compensation for you and your family. Our team is skilled, knowledgeable, and committed to helping you.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Truck accidents can occur for a variety of reasons. Some of the most common causes of truck accidents include:
- Driver fatigue
- Driver distraction
- Vehicle failure
- Vehicle malfunction
- Vehicle defect
- Vehicle cargo defect
- Driver negligence
Truck accidents can result in catastrophic injuries and death. Often, these accidents occur when a truck driver is not paying attention to the road or is otherwise negligent. In these cases, the victims and their families may be able to hold the trucking company liable for damages.
Who is Liable in a Truck Accident in Columbia, MO?
Liability in a truck accident can be complex and may involve multiple parties, depending on the circumstances of the accident. Here are some potential parties that could be held liable:
- Truck Driver: If the truck driver's negligence, such as speeding, distracted driving, driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or violating traffic laws, led to the accident, they may be held liable.
- Trucking Company: The trucking company that employs the driver can also be held liable under the legal principle of "vicarious liability" or "respondeat superior." This means that an employer can be held responsible for the negligent actions of their employees if the accident occurred during the course of employment.
- Truck Owner: In some cases, the truck involved in the accident may be owned by a separate entity from the trucking company or leased to the company. If improper maintenance or mechanical issues with the truck caused the accident, the owner may be held liable.
- Freight Loaders: If the accident was caused by improperly loaded or secured cargo, the parties responsible for loading the freight onto the truck could be held liable.
- Manufacturers and Suppliers: If the accident resulted from a defective truck part or component, the manufacturer or supplier of that part may be held liable for the damages.
- Government Entities: In certain cases, the government entity responsible for maintaining the roads may be held liable if the accident was caused by a hazardous road condition or poor road maintenance.
- Third-Party Drivers: Sometimes, other drivers on the road may contribute to or cause a truck accident. If this is the case, the negligent third-party driver may be held liable, along with the truck driver and the trucking company.
- Insurance Companies: While not directly liable for the accident, insurance companies may be involved in the process of compensating victims for their injuries and damages.
It's essential to thoroughly investigate the circumstances of the truck accident to determine who bears liability. Often, multiple parties share responsibility, and the specific laws and regulations governing trucking can vary from one jurisdiction to another. If you are involved in a truck accident, it is crucial to seek legal advice from an experienced personal injury attorney who can help identify the liable parties and pursue appropriate compensation for your losses.
How Our Columbia, MO Truck Accident Lawyer Can Help
After a truck accident, you may be overwhelmed by the challenges ahead. You may be dealing with a serious injury, mounting medical bills, and the potential loss of income. In these stressful moments, you may be tempted to handle the insurance claims process on your own. We strongly advise against this. An insurance company will do anything to minimize their payout to you.
Our team at Aaron Sachs & Associates, P.C. is ready to fight for you. We will take on the insurance companies and the trucking companies and do what is best for you and your family.
“My husband was in a car accident, we called Aaron Sachs, and are very glad we did! First of all, they sent someone to our home to interview my husband, so he did not have to drive all the way to Springfield to their office while he was in pain.” - Former Client
“I was rear-ended by a non-insured driver. My car was totaled and I ended up having surgery on my shoulder. I was thrilled to get a settlement way larger than I could have dreamed.” - Former Client
We make sure that we are available to answer our clients’ questions, breaking down the complex legal jargon and using plain English. There is no “one size fits all” answer — your case needs and deserves individual attention, and this is what we are prepared to provide.
Our team has over 235 years of combined experience, handling over ten thousand personal injury cases. We are committed to professional excellence in every aspect of what we do and how we do it. We have over 65 employees with an exclusive focus on injury claims.
We strive to meet our clients where they are and provide the service they need. Suffering an injury is a difficult time in an individual’s life; you need representation that understands both the worries you may be feeling and the world you are now dealing with. Let us help ensure your rights are protected.