Columbia Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Aaron Sachs & Associates, P.C. Can Help You Get the Compensation You Deserve
At Aaron Sachs & Associates, P.C., we understand the exhilaration and freedom that comes with riding a motorcycle. However, we also recognize the inherent risks involved in sharing the road with larger vehicles. Motorcycle accidents can result in severe injuries, substantial medical bills, and long-term emotional trauma. If you or a loved one has been involved in a motorcycle accident in Columbia, MO, our experienced legal team is here to help.
Having a dedicated Columbia motorcycle accident lawyer on your side is crucial for several reasons:
- Understanding Missouri Motorcycle Laws: Our legal team is well-versed in the intricacies of Missouri's motorcycle laws. We can help you navigate the legal system to ensure your rights are protected.
- Dealing with Insurance Companies: Insurance companies often try to minimize payouts to accident victims. We will negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf to secure fair compensation.
- Investigating the Accident: We have the resources to conduct a thorough investigation into your accident. This includes gathering evidence, speaking with witnesses, and consulting accident reconstruction experts if necessary.
- Determining Liability: Establishing liability is critical in motorcycle accident cases. We work diligently to determine who was at fault for the accident, whether it was another driver, a defective road condition, or a vehicle malfunction.
- Maximizing Compensation: Our goal is to secure the maximum compensation you deserve. This includes compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.
Why Are Motorcycle Accidents More Catastrophic Than Car Accidents?
Motorcycle accidents tend to be more catastrophic than car accidents for several reasons, primarily due to the inherent differences in the design and dynamics of motorcycles compared to cars.
For instance, car occupants have the benefit of seat belts, airbags, and the vehicle's structural frame to absorb and distribute the force of impact. In contrast, motorcycle riders are exposed, with only protective gear like helmets and riding suits to mitigate the impact.
Additionally, motorcycles are significantly smaller and lighter than cars. When involved in a collision with a car, the motorcycle often bears the brunt of the force, leading to more severe injuries for the rider.
Common causes of motorcycle accidents involving other vehicles include:
- Failure to Yield Right of Way: Many accidents occur when other vehicles fail to yield the right of way to motorcycles at intersections or during lane changes.
- Distracted Driving: Drivers using mobile phones, adjusting radios, or engaging in other distractions may not notice motorcycles, leading to collisions.
- Unsafe Lane Changes: Drivers who don't check their blind spots or signal improperly may inadvertently collide with motorcycles when changing lanes.
- Speeding: Excessive speed by either the motorcyclist or the other vehicle can reduce reaction time and increase the severity of collisions.
- Impaired Driving: Alcohol or drug-impaired driving is a significant factor in motorcycle accidents involving other vehicles.
- Left-Turn Accidents: Many motorcycle accidents occur when other vehicles make left turns in front of oncoming motorcycles. This often happens when drivers misjudge the speed of the motorcycle or fail to see it.
- Opening Car Doors: Riders can be seriously injured if a parked car's door is opened into their path without warning.
- Road Conditions: Potholes, debris, and uneven road surfaces can be especially hazardous for motorcycles, which have less stable suspension than cars.
- Weather Conditions: Rain, snow, and ice can reduce traction for both motorcycles and cars, increasing the risk of accidents.
- Inexperience: Inexperienced motorcyclists may lack the skills to navigate challenging traffic situations or emergency maneuvers effectively.
- Riding Without Protective Gear: Not wearing appropriate safety gear, especially helmets, can significantly increase the severity of injuries in the event of an accident.
What You Can Expect From Our Firm
At Aaron Sachs & Associates, P.C., we know how to help you fight for the compensation you deserve after a motorcycle accident. We can help you seek compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
Our Columbia motorcycle accident attorneys can help you recover:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Punitive damages
When you work with our team, you can expect personalized service and a commitment to obtaining the best possible outcome for your case. We will work tirelessly to obtain the maximum compensation you are owed.
“My husband was in a car accident, we called Aaron Sachs, and are very glad we did! First of all, they sent someone to our home to interview my husband, so he did not have to drive all the way to Springfield to their office while he was in pain.” - Former Client
“I was rear-ended by a non-insured driver. My car was totaled and I ended up having surgery on my shoulder. I was thrilled to get a settlement way larger than I could have dreamed.” - Former Client
We make sure that we are available to answer our clients’ questions, breaking down the complex legal jargon and using plain English. There is no “one size fits all” answer — your case needs and deserves individual attention, and this is what we are prepared to provide.
Our team has over 235 years of combined experience, handling over ten thousand personal injury cases. We are committed to professional excellence in every aspect of what we do and how we do it. We have over 65 employees with an exclusive focus on injury claims.
We strive to meet our clients where they are and provide the service they need. Suffering an injury is a difficult time in an individual’s life; you need representation that understands both the worries you may be feeling and the world you are now dealing with. Let us help ensure your rights are protected.