Aaron Sachs has joined with KRCG in Jefferson City/Columbia Missouri to help raise funds for St. Jude Dream Home.
St. Jude Dream Home Award
Aaron Sachs with news anchor Teresa Snow holding check for $341,200 that were raised on Sunday June 8th 2008 for St. Jude Research hospital.
Aaron and Shelly Sachs with family currently treating with St. Jude. Thanks to the advances in cancer research, many children are living a better quality of life with hope for a full recovery. Aaron's entire family joined in by helping with the phone banks and talking to callers, viewers and the team from St. Jude.
- St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, founded by the late entertainer Danny Thomas, maintains 60 inpatient beds and treats about 260 patients each day, about 5,100 in active status, most of whom are treated on an outpatient basis.
- St. Jude is the first institution established for the sole purpose of conducting basic and clinical research and treatment into catastrophic childhood diseases, mainly cancer. St. Jude continues to be the only National Cancer Institute–funded cancer center devoted solely to children.
- St. Jude has treated children from all 50 states and from around the world.
- Research findings at St. Jude are shared with doctors and scientists all over the world. St. Jude also enjoys a worldwide reputation as a teaching facility. The medical and scientific staff published more than 500 articles in academic journals in 2006, more than any other pediatric cancer research center in the United States.
- St. Jude is the only pediatric cancer research center where families never pay for treatment not covered by insurance. No child is ever denied treatment because of the family’s inability to pay.
- St. Jude continues an extensive expansion program to bolster the hospital’s research and treatment efforts, while more than doubling the size of its original campus. The expansion already includes the Children’s GMP, LLC, the nation’s only pediatric research center on-site facility for the research and production of highly specialized treatments and vaccines; an expanded Department of Immunology; and a new Department of Chemical Biology and Therapeutics for discovery of new drugs.
- The new Chili’s Care Center integrates patient care and research where rapidly evolving CT (computerized tomography) and MR (magnetic resonance) technologies will keep St. Jude at the cutting edge for radiation therapy in a pediatric/adolescent setting. Additionally, a state-of-the-art cyclotron will enable St. Jude researchers to undertake many important new PET (positron emission tomography) studies not possible to do at St. Jude until now. These imaging techniques will facilitate the rapid evaluation of new therapeutic approaches and help choose those most likely to be successful.
- The daily operating cost for St. Jude is $1,267,349, which is primarily covered by public contributions.
- During the past three years, 85.3 percent of every dollar received by St. Jude has gone to the current and future needs of the hospital.
- St. Jude pioneered a combination of chemotherapy, radiation and surgery to treat childhood cancers.
“My experience as a client was no less than phenomenal. The attorney who handled my case was great. my biggest praise goes to the paralegal who was there for me every moment, Peggy Forest.”- Larry Ward
“Thank you all for everything. Dana Baker was great. She took over, lifting the burden of dealing with the insurance companies so we were able to focus on healing. She kept us informed every step of the way. I would recommend it to everyone. Again thank you”- Jaden Austin
“I was involved in an accident while on my motorcycle. It was a big relief that I could just focus on healing rather than dealing with insurance companies.”- Former Client