If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a recent Columbia, Missouri car accident, it's likely that you'll be contacted by an insurance company adjuster. Our car accident lawyers encourage you to think twice before you agree to accept a settlement or waive any of your rights. However kind or understanding an adjuster may seem, the truth is that the adjuster's job is to save the company money, even at the expense of your health and well-being. On the other hand, a personal injury attorney's job is to ensure your rights and interests are protected.
Why is it important to have an attorney to negotiate with insurance companies on my behalf?
• Insurance companies will pay you the least amount of money possible to make you go away. In other words, what may appear to be a good offer often isn't. When seeking compensation for an accident victim, a personal injury lawyer will assess a number of factors, including your current and long-term expenses.
• Insurance representatives will often pretend to be friendly in order to get your guard down. What's more, they know you are injured and traumatized as a result of the accident, and that your medical bills are probably piling up. Often, insurance companies will offer you far less than you deserve simply because they know you're desperate to put the accident behind you.
• Insurance adjusters will juggle you, meaning that you will have to speak to several different adjusters, never just one who is handling your case. You won't get a straight answer.
• CNN's Anderson Cooper reported that insurance companies systematically and intentionally lie when they tell claimants how much they deserve. Insurance companies have been sued and lost. They are guilty.
• Insurance adjusters tape record statements, ask you tricky, misleading questions, and use your words against you later. It's a sad truth, but it happens all of the time. If you do speak to an insurance company on your own, we urge you to be especially careful about what you say.
What, specifically, can a lawyer do to help me combat these issues?
• Our car accident attorneys handle insurance company negotiations and communications on a daily basis. We represent hundreds of people just like you and your family.
• All of our car accident lawyers are highly educated, trained, and experienced. In other words, they are skilled at helping people just like you get the compensation they deserve.
• We're comfortable working within the insurance, legal, and medical systems. It's what we do every day.
• We are highly skilled at negotiating with hospitals to have medical bills lowered, keeping more money in your pocket.
• We are also highly skilled at analyzing and evaluating your case, we're passionate about advocating for our clients. In the end, unlike the insurance companies, we're on your side.
At Aaron Sachs & Associates, P.C., our personal injury attorneys represent car accident victims in Columbia, Jefferson City, Kirksville, Fulton, Moberly and throughout Missouri. To schedule a free initial consultation, please call 1-888-777-AUTO, or visit our website.