Springfield Missouri Auto Accidents
If you have been injured in a car accident, call the Missouri car accident lawyer at Aaron Sachs & Associates today. Our attorneys have over 50 years of combined legal experience handling a wide range of car accident claims, so put our know-how to work for you today.
Car accidents are the leading cause of accidental death and injury in America today.
- Fatal accidents occur 3-4% more often in Missouri in comparison to all of America.
- Every year, more than half of all fatal motor vehicle accidents are single-vehicle accidents.
- In 2009 in Missouri, there were a total of 75,264 car accidents, resulting in 29,922 injuries and 652 fatalities.
- Auto accidents are the leading cause of death for teenagers in America, and while drivers age 15-20 make up 6.7% of America’s drivers, they are involved in 14% of fatal accidents.
Car accidents are common in America, and often lead to injury. Because of the frequency of car accidents, all states have established regulations governing car insurance. If you have been injured in a car accident due to the negligent conduct of another, there is some amount of money available to help compensate you for losses the accident caused you. Even where you are injured in a hit-and-run or by an uninsured driver, your own car insurance may provide some coverage for your injuries. However, many people carry low-limit insurance policies, so if you have been injured by an underinsured motorist, you may need the help of a Missouri car accident lawyer to help you obtain full compensation for your losses.
Consult an Attorney Before Speaking With an Insurance Company
If you are in a car accident, you will likely be contacted by the insurance company for the other driver. It is not in your best interest to speak to the insurance company for the other side, and particularly not a good idea to give a statement regarding the accident. The insurer for the other party does not have your best interest in mind. Springfield, Missouri, injury lawyers deal with insurance companies frequently and understand how to present your case and deal with adjusters.
Here are a few things you should keep in mind before accepting any car accident settlement:
- If you accept the offer, you might be signing away your rights to seek additional compensation should your injuries prove more serious than they originally appear.
- Car accident releases are typically full and final releases that release all claims whether known or unknown. Don’t make a mistake that you have to live with the rest of your life. Your claim might be worth more than you think.
- Before an insurance company will discuss settlement, they will want you to sign paperwork and give a recorded statement. By signing a medical release, you are providing the insurance company with access to your private medical records, which may have information that could be used against you.
- The car insurance company does not work for you, but the other driver. Before you sign anything with the insurance company, it is wise to have it reviewed by an experienced personal injury lawyer.
Aaron Sachs recommends that you speak with a Springfield car accident attorney before speaking with the trained insurance adjustor who is working for the party who caused your accident.
Injuries Resulting from Car Accidents
The losses in even routine car accidents can be substantial. Not only dramatic high-speed accidents cause injury. Low-speed accidents, including rear-end accidents, can cause substantial injuries. Low-speed accidents do not often lead to broken bones or other clear signs of trauma, but frequently involve what are called “soft tissue” injuries. These include sprains, strains, and damage to muscles, tendons, and the tissues within the spinal column. Sometimes the pain of these injuries sets in a day or two after the accident, and proving that these injuries were caused by the accident can be difficult. However, personal injury attorneys are familiar with the methods for proving that soft tissue injuries were in fact caused by the accident. Other types of accidents that often lead to injury include failure to yield accidents, side impact accidents, and being hit by a drunk driver.
Emphasis on Convenience and Accessibility
In any car accident case involving personal injury, it is a good idea to consult with an experienced Missouri car accident attorney. At Aaron Sachs & Associates, we have represented injury victims since 1991. We have five convenient offices statewide, representing Springfield,Cape Girardeau/Southeast Missouri,Joplin/Neosho, Columbia/Jefferson City, Kansas City, and the surrounding towns and cities.
Aaron Sachs and Associates offers a FREE initial consultation for people injured in car accidents in Missouri, Kansas, and Arkansas. We have helped many people who were injured in car accidents and other types of accidents.
- Ask for a FREE copy of Top Ten Questions People Have After an Accident
- Order our FREE DVD: What To Do After an Accident
- Download our new Auto Injury app for iPhone or Android smart phones.
For your free consultation, contact us today at 1 (888) 777-AUTO.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) a common consequence of Missouri car accidents When a loved one suffers from a traumatic brain injury, his or her life can be permanently changed, impacting not just the victims but their loved ....
- Seat belts save lives and reduce injury risks in Missouri and nationwide No matter how carefully you drive, the odds are that you'll be involved in a car crash at some point during your lifetime. While you can't control ....
- Excessive speed contributes to many Missouri car accidents, increases injury risks for motorists According to the Missouri Highway Patrol, excessive speed is a leading cause of auto accidents in Missouri: each year, drivers traveling well in ....
- Speed a common contributing factor in Missouri car accident injuries Here in Missouri, speed was a contributing factor in 286 fatal accidents and 6,546 injury crashes in 2012 alone. These accidents resulted in 320 ....
- After a Cape Girardeau car accident: Four tips to remember As personal injury lawyers, we understand that the aftermath of a car crash can be confusing and overwhelming. After all, car accidents tend to happen ....
- Missouri rollover accidents often caused by drivers swerving to avoid deer According to State Farm, the country's largest insurer of private passenger automobiles, there were over a million car-deer collisions in the U.S. ....