Here at Aaron Sachs and Associates, we're proud to be the presenting sponsor of the Cherish Kids 5K/10K, which will be held this Saturday, August 16, at the James River Assembly South Campus in Ozark (at Highway 65 and CC). Our team will be there handing out free bicycle safety helmets to kids ages 12 and under who are registered for the Kids K! We hope you'll join us for what promises to be a fun event, with 100% of all proceeds going to support a great cause.
Cherish Kids 5K/10K: Event details
• 8:00 - 10:00 a.m.: Cherish Kids Family Fun! This year's event features a number of activities for the whole family, including bounce houses, games, face painting, giveaways, a silent auction, a hot air balloon launch, and an amazing all-you-can-eat Pancake Breakfast ($5 per person). Special guests Sara and Ethan Forhetz will also be in attendance. And if you have a child age 12 or under who's participating in the race, be sure to stop by our tent for a free bicycle helmet!
• 8:00 a.m.: Start time for the 5k/10K! Participants will receive a race T-shirt and bag and free snacks - and they'll also be eligible for over $3000 in prizes. Water stations will also be positioned along this year's new, improved course.
• 9:00 a.m.: Start time for the "Kids K" portion of the event! The Kids K is a 0.6 mile race for participants age 12 and under (and all participants 12 and younger will receive a medal, whether they run the 5K/10K or the Kids K). Children in foster care will receive a free registration.
• 9:30 a.m.: Award Ceremony! The ceremony will include Overall Winners (1st, 2nd, 3rd Male & Female); Masters (1st, 2nd, 3rd Male & Female); 1st Place in each 5 year age group (Including age groups 10 & under to 75 & over); and Overall Kids K: Boy & Girl Trophies.
About Cherish Kids
• Founded in 2009 by Debbie Lindell, Cherish Kids works tirelessly to find homes for the nearly 2,000 orphans living throughout Missouri. Their mission is three-fold: to raise awareness about the needs of children in crisis, both locally and worldwide; to offer resources to people who want to help these children; and to provide support by helping meet these children's various needs and offering financial, emotional and spiritual support to families who wish to foster or adopt.
• The organization's efforts include supplying gift cards to children to purchase clothing when they are suddenly placed in foster care; providing summer camp scholarships to foster children; and hosting special events to encourage and support foster children.