Boating accidents are not particularly common, but they can be devastating
to the families affected. These accidents are most prevalent in the summer
months, when families and individuals in Missouri are likely to beat the
heat by getting on the water. When boat accidents happen, one or more
operators may have been at fault. Gathering the facts is a key aspect
of ensuring proper compensation for the injuries your family has suffered,
and it’s always our priority as personal injury attorneys.
Free case evaluations
available to our prospective clients. Call today.
What causes boating accidents?
Some of the most common factors causing or contributing to boating accidents include:
- Operators who lack experience
- Operating the boat too fast
- Collisions with other boats, swimmers, or stationary items
- Inattentive operation of boats
- Overcrowded or overloaded boats
- Missing navigation lights
- Ignoring proper courtesy and regulations
- Boating in bad weather
- Failure to observe proper safety precautions, including keeping proper
safety equipment onboard
- Operating a boat under the influence of alcohol
According to 2009 data from the United States Coast Guard, alcohol played
a contributing role in 308 boating accidents nationwide, leading to 330
injuries and 120 deaths.
Contact Our Dedicated Team of Personal Injury Lawyers Serving Missouri
At Aaron Sachs & Associates, P.C., we have made a commitment to defending
our clients. If you have been injured, we encourage you to speak with
a member of our legal team. Our lawyers have
100 years of collective experience between us, and in this time, we have handled thousands of cases.
Find out if we can help — and do it free of charge.
Call Aaron Sachs & Associates, P.C.
today to schedule your free case evaluation with a team member. Our firm
is here for you and yours.