The safest driving comes from education and practice. Even if you have taken a motorcycle rider training course in the past, consider attending another one as a refresher. If you have been riding for a while, you will have a different outlook and perspective, and you just might pick up some valuable safety tips.
Safe Driving Practices for Cape Girardeau Motorcyclists
• Avoid tailgating
• Avoid riding between lanes of slow moving or stopped traffic
• Know and obey all traffic laws including any special ordinances in your community
• Use signals for turns and lanes changes
• Avoid weaving in and out of traffic
• Do not ride on the shoulders of a roadway
• Be especially alert at intersections
• Look ahead for hazards so you can avoid them safely
• Travel the same speed as surrounding traffic
The safest bet for motorcyclists is to ride aware. Anticipate problems so you are more prepared to react. Know your limitations and ride within them. Know the capabilities and limitations of your motorcycle and respect them. Be especially cautious in areas where there might be road hazards, such as loose gravel, wet or slippery pavement, heavy traffic and busy intersections. Remember that other drivers sometimes forget about motorcycles: stay out of their blind spots, and try to travel at the same speed without weaving in and out of lanes. It's too easy for a motorist to "lose track" of a motorcyclist in traffic, or to just plain never see a motorcycle to begin with
The auto accident attorneys represent injury victims in Cape Girardeau throughout southeastern Missouri. To schedule a free initial consultation, call our office at 1-888-777-AUTO, or visit our website.
Attorney meetings by appointment only